Eye Examinations: We provide comprehensive vision and eye health evaluations for infants, children, and adults. Examinations are performed utilizing cutting-edge technology in order to provide the utmost in patient care.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases: During our thorough ocular examinations, we will evaluate your eyes for ocular diseases, such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, and many more.
Contact Lenses: We fit all types of contact lenses, including astigmatism-correcting lenses and multifocal lenses, and we have a wide assortment of color lenses for those wanting to change their look.
Comprehensive Eye Exams: Our eye doctors believe it’s important to have regular eye exams, regardless of age or physical health. During a complete eye exam, your eye doctor will not only determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses, but will also assess how your eyes work together and evaluate for eye diseases and key indicators used to assess your overall health.
A comprehensive eye exam includes a number of tests and procedures to examine and evaluate the health of your eyes and the quality of your vision. These tests range from simple ones, like having you read an eye chart, to complex tests, such as using a high-powered lens to examine the health of the tissues inside your eyes.
Eye health for infants and children
Vision is the dominant process in the growth, development, and daily performance of children. Good vision includes healthy eyes, age appropriate visual acuity, visual integration, and visual skills such as eye teaming, eye focusing, and eye motility. We will evaluate these components and help ensure your child reaches his or her potential.
Experts say that over 80% of what a child learns in school is presented visually, so making sure your son or daughter has good vision can make a big difference in their academic performance.
Reading, writing, chalkboard work, and using computers are among the visual tasks students perform daily. A child’s eyes are constantly in use in the classroom and at play. When his or her vision is not functioning properly, education and participation in sports can suffer.
Refractive Surgery Co-Management
- Drs. Bryan and Tart each have extensive experience in co-managing refractive surgery: LASIK, PRK, ICL (Implantable Contact Lens). Prior to opening Carolina Family Vision, Dr. Bryan practiced at Lasik Plus in Raleigh, where he participated in the pre- and post-operative care for over 2,000 patients.
- After our pre-operative evaluation, we will refer you to the appropriate surgeon for your vision-correcting procedure.
- We will perform all of the post-operative care to assure you the optimal surgical outcome.
Specialty Referrals: We will evaluate and make referrals for the following needs:
- Cataract surgery
- Strabismus (crossed eyes)
- Retinal disease, including diabetes-related, and macular degeneration
- Glaucoma surgery
- Eyelid surgery, both cosmetic and functional